Raw cacao and avocado mousse with raspberry and rose coulis
This indulgent dessert is lower in sugar than your usual chocolate mousse. Berries are rich in plant chemicals called flavonoids that act as antioxidants in the body and may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 vanilla pod
2 tbsp coconut water
3 tbsp raw cacao powder (or good quality cocoa powder)
1 tbsp honey
100g frozen raspberries
1 tsp rosewater
1 tsp honey
- Melt the coconut oil by placing in a warm bowl.
- Prepare the avocado by halving, removing the stone and scooping out the flesh into a small blender.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and crape out the seeds into the blender.
- Add the coconut water, cacao powder and honey to the blender and whizz until smooth.
- Transfer the mousse to two small ramekins and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the coulis by placing the ingredients in a small saucepan with 1 tsp of water and bringing to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Serve the mousse with a large spoonful of coulis