So this is a quick flash back of the cookery videos I recorded with Jackie Wicks. I had the privilege of working with Jackie on the UK edition of the book.
This is one of the recipes taken from the Eats and Cheats cookbook.
Chipotle prawn fajitas
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
450g raw king prawns
Chipotle sauce to taste
Chilli flakes to taste
2 red onions, finely sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
80g button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 green chilli, finely chopped
Avocado, diced (optional)
Black beans (optional)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil.
- Coat the prawns in the chipotle seasoning then place in the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add the chilli flakes, onions, peppers, mushrooms and green chilli.
- Take the prawns off the heat.
- Create your wraps by loading with the prawns, lettuce and optional items including salsa, avocado and beans.
Find more videos like this on my YouTube page.
480 calories per serving
This yummy salad is incredibly nutritious, providing a rich source of magnesium, iron, selenium, vitamin E, B vitamins and vitamin C. The yellow peppers and avocado also supply a source of lutein and zeaxanthin that are shown to be beneficial for the health of your eyes. Including beans in your diet also supplies a great source of fibre, which is lacking in many peoples diets. Fibre is not only essential for maintaining good digestion but also helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, balance blood sugar levels and assist in weight loss.
175g king prawns
1/2 x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small yellow pepper, finely diced
1/2 small cucumber, deseeded and chopped
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large avocado, de-stoned, peeled and chopped
1/2 small can sweetcorn (reduced sugar and salt)
1 small handful of coriander, chopped
50g low fat, plain yoghurt
1 lime, juiced
1 small handful of coriander
1 spring onion, chopped
½ jalepeno (or green) chilli pepper, chopped
40ml olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp honey
- Heat a little olive oil in a small frying pan. Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes over a high heat until pink. Take the prawns off the heat and leave to cool. You can also use cooked prawns if you like.
- Add the beans, vegetables and coriander to a large bowl and combine well. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Divide the salad between two bowls and serve with the dressing on the side.
Download as PDF (eye-healthy-super-salad)