Perfect high-protein snack or light supper (download as PDF moroccan-turkey-burgers-with-lemon-yoghurt-dressing)
Serves 4 (three burgers) per serving
230 calories per serving
These burgers are high in protein and low in calories, which makes them the perfect dish if you’re trying to lose weight. Protein helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Each serving of this dish also supplies a rich-source of B vitamins that are important for healthy skin and energy metabolism.
400g turkey mince
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 small handful of coriander, finely chopped
1 courgette, grated
1 tsp Ras El Hanout
1 tsp ground cumin
Light olive oil
12-15 Iceberg lettuce leaves
150ml low fat plain yoghurt
½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the over to 180C.
- Add the turkey mince to a large bowl and break up.
- Add the spring onions, chilli, garlic, herbs, courgette, spices, salt and pepper to the bowl and combine well.
- Form the mixture into 12 balls and press each one down to form a burger shape.
- Pour 100ml of oil into a large frying and heat. Add the burgers and shallow fry for a few minutes each side until browned.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and then transfer to a plate topped with kitchen towel.
- Place the burgers on a large roasting tin and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the burgers from oven.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the ingredients to a small bowl and whisking with a fork.
- Serve three burgers per person with lettuce leaves to use as a wrap. Top the burgers with lemon yoghurt dressing. You could also serve with a small serving of grain-based salad such as quinoa or brown rice.
Download as PDF (moroccan-turkey-burgers-with-lemon-yoghurt-dressing)